Monday, August 27, 2012

College Football Week 1!


Welcome back everyone, the best time of the year has arrived. Apologies to all wives and girlfriends out there but the men in your life will essentially be existent the next 4-5 months!


The early part of the college football season is usually when I am at my best. The odds makers go off of last year and the various home team spreads to set up these initial lines. There is one game in particular I like for the week, let's see if there any others I can pick out. All my spreads are coming from vegasinsider.com (LVH)

My first game is a game I really like. Iowa State, a member of the Big 12, is hosting a Conference USA opponent in Tulsa and is an underdog! 2 things are against Tulsa in this game, they do not have a defense (you need that if you are going to win on the road) and the quarterback is not very good. Cody Green played for Nebraska against ISU in November 2010 and was not impressive in the Nebraska OT win. Tulsa is -1.5 right now. The wrong team is favored, ISU wins this game by double digits.

Northwestern is on the road at Syracuse. Last season I picked against Syracuse because well, their coach is terrible. Northwestern is -1 on the road. I think Northwestern wins this high scoring game by more than a point.

Will Texas A&M start out 2012 different then how they ended 2011? I think they are going to get a big win on the road at Louisiana Tech. A&M is -7, they probably win by 10-12 points, possible backdoor cover.

South Carolina opens up -6.5 at Vanderbilt. I think the Gamecocks come out swinging this game. The offense should be more smooth this year, hopefully the injury and crazy bug stays away from this team so we can see what Spurrier can do with his team. I do not know if Vandy can score more than twice in this game. I think the score will be similar to last year, 21-3. South Carolina in this one and the game is not as close as the score indicates

Duke is hosting Florida International. Duke needs to start this season strong if they want to make a bowl game. Duke is -3.5 in this game. Take the Blue Devils to win this game by double digits. Their improvement will be measure by small steps as opposed to giant leaps, this is a small step.

Here is a quick recap. Take ISU +1.5, Northwestern -1, Texas A&M -7, South Carolina -6.5 and Duke -3.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment