Tuesday, December 27, 2011

NFL Week 17 and bowl games

I was 1-3 last week bringing my record to 42-39-3, not too impressive. :(

NFL is tough this week, we do not know who will be playing for how long with the playoff teams or how much some players really care about the last game. Bowl games are tough too, who wants to be there. Free advice, do NOT touch the OU vs. Iowa game with a 10 foot pole. Both teams have players leaving/injured or suspended. OU does not want to be there and I am thinking Iowa does not either.

We will start with Bowl games through Jan 1.
Texas and California matchup in the Holiday Bowl. Texas has a very good defense and a running game. QB play is questionable. Texas is -3.5. I do not know if Cal will score more than 10 in this one. Hook 'em Horns, Texas covers.

Baylor and Washington square off in the Alamo Bowl. Baylor is coming off its best season in a LONG time and have a Heisman winner to boot! Baylor wants to be at this game, Baylor will score at least 45 and I do not think Washington will be used to the (underrated) speed of Baylor. Baylor covers -9.5.

Iowa St and Rutgers square off in the Pinstripe Bowl. WR Sanu for Rutgers is a potent weapon but he will be held in check by shutdown corner Johnson of ISU. ISU is +1.5 but I expect ISU to win outright 27-14.

I guess I am going with the Big 12 this week, hopefully the top conference will not let me down. Take ISU +1.5, Baylor -9.5 and Texas -3.5.

To the NFL:

NY Giants are -3 at home against Dallas. I think the Giants roll and look for a coaching change in Dallas after the season. Jason Garret has shown a lack of football smarts in multiple games this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment