Tuesday, August 27, 2013

College Football Week 1 (Hell yeah!)

Well praise the Lord we are about ready to kickoff the 2013 college football season. I do not know about you but I have been waiting for what feels like an eternity!

A refresher on what I am doing, I take lines from vegasinsider.com (LVH) and pick against the spread or the game totals. I finished right around 50/50 last year so I need to improve on that. I will spit out a couple of games tonight, a couple tomorrow and one on Thursday or Friday. I love a lot of the games this opening week, however I do not like a lot of the lines!

My first game of the season, I will stick in my home state where the University of Iowa hosts BCS buster Northern Illinois. NIU returns a lot on offense but not much on defense. Iowa's QB will be taking his first career snaps in the middle of the hot afternoon on the even hotter turf at Kinnick Stadium. Last years game went down to the wire in Chicago as Iowa pulled out a 1 point win. NIU is looking for some payback. I wish I would have posted this earlier with NIU +6, it is now NIU +3. Of course that does not matter as I think NIU wins this game outright extends Iowa's losing streak to 7 games. NIU 27 Iowa 21. I carn't wait to eat some Smokey D's in Downtown Des Moines based on this outcome, thanks Greg for giving me an easy free lunch!

Game 2
The first good matchup of the season has North Carolina on the road at South Carolina. I feel like Connor Shaw has been the QB at SC for the last decade. Jadeveon Clowney, what do you all think? Is this his first game on his quest to win the Heisman? He many not rack up 20 tackles in this game but I think UNC tries to scheme around him. I do not think there are a lot of points scored in this game, South Carolina wins this one 27-10 or 27-17, take the under. The total is at 57.

So NIU wins outright over Iowa and UNC at South Carolina goes under 57.

No comments:

Post a Comment