Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2011 College football is here! Week 2 9-10-11

Sorry I missed week one folks, I was at the hospital with my wife, we had our second son! He was a big boy, 9lbs 8 oz, he's already had 4 scholarship offers to BCS conferences. :)

I think the second week of college football is one of the best of the season. There are some great non conference matchups across the board. Obviously these are some we are going to hit.

I will pick 5 games each week and upload an excel spreadsheet to keep track of how well I do, I hope I do well. The odds I used are from today at vegasinsider.com the MGM Grand spreads.

Here are my 5 for the week:

Notre Dame is at Michigan and I believe it is the first ever night game in Ann Arbor. Notre Dame is -3.5, wrong team is favored, Michigan wins this game outright.

South Carolina is on the road at Georgia, is Mark Richt gone if he loses this game? SC is -3, I feel comfortable with this pick. SC will cover, a possible double digit win on the road in the SEC which is a big deal.

Alabama is -9.5 at Penn St, Penn St is not good and has not been for awhile. To be honest, Penn St may not make a bowl game this season. Roll tide, 'Bama wins by 20.

Iowa State hosts Iowa in the battle for the Cy-Hawk tropy. After the disastrous unveiling of a new trophy, the teams are ready to meet on the field. Iowa is favored by 7 on the road. ISU beat Northern Iowa by 1 in week one. This was going minus 3 in the TO ratio, starting a new QB, having multiple injuries and 3 suspensions before the game started. Everyone is back for ISU except DL Maggitt who is out for the season. Iowa State wins OUTRIGHT, 24-16.

The final game of the week is Stanford at Duke. Stanford is favored by 21, I think Stanford more than covers, even with a new coach. Duke lost to an FCS school last week, another long season for the Blue Devils.

Good luck everyone, remember, the more you bet the more you win!

No comments:

Post a Comment