Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week 5 College and NFL Week 4 football -ATS

I had a pretty good week 4 of college football. 4-0-1 ATS. The only thing more beautiful than that is a photo of Scarlett Johansson!

I suppose on to more serious stuff. My overall record now stands at 11-2-2 ATS, let's keep this ball rolling.
My picks are based on the MGM Grand lines found on the vegasinsider link to the right.
Lots of good college games this week, conference play gets into full swing around the country with many great matchups.

With my first pick I am going to keep it local. The Texas Longhorns visit Jack Trice Stadium in Ames. Texas comes in with revenge on their mind as they were punked by Iowa State at Texas last season. Texas will have a freshman making his first conference road start in McCoy and his first name is not Colt. The line opened up with Texas favored by 9, the line sits at Texas -9.5. I had Iowa State starting 4-0 in the 2011 season and I am not about to change it. ISU has the better running game, better o-line and I believe the better QB. Take those points given to ISU, Iowa State wins this game outright setting up a matchup of ranked teams next week between Baylor and Iowa State!

Game #2 I am taking a chance with this one but going with my gut. UCONN opened as an 8 pt (-8) favorite over Western Michigan at home. UCONN will probably be the best defensive line, maybe the best defense Western Michigan will face all season. The line has been bet down to UCONN -2.5. I am taking UCONN to cover this spread.

Game #3 Notre Dame is favored by 12 (-12) against rival Purdue. Along with the rest of the Big 10, Purdue is bad, real bad. Take Notre Dame to cover this spread with ease, game is over by halftime.

Game #4 Cincinnati visits Miami of OH is a 14 pt favorite. (-14) I am going with the road favorite, Cincy blows Miami out of the water.

Game #5 Tulane is +7.5 heading to Army. Duke laid the wood to Tulane last week, Army is a tough team to prepare for in one week with their offense. I am taking Army to cover -7.5. Army runs for over 400 yards in this game.

Quick recap, take Iowa State +9.5, UCONN -2.5, Notre Dame -12, Cincinnati -14 and Army -7.5.

Now for a couple of NFL games from vegasinsider.com
I think Detroit and Dallas is a huge game for Detroit, this can make Detroit's season by setting them up for the playoffs. Dallas is -1.5 right now. Wrong team is favored, Detroit will win this game by double digits.

Game #2 Minnesota is -1.5 @ Kansas City. I think this is the week Minnesota puts it together and gets a win. I have a feeling Minnesota wins comfortably. Take Minnesota -1.5.

Game #3 Indinapolis goes on the road to Tampa Bay. Indy is a mess and are +10, take Tampa to cover this line. Indy is a mess and going for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. Tampa wins in a blowout.

Recap take Detroit +1.5, Minnesota -1.5 and Tampa -10.

No comments:

Post a Comment