Monday, October 10, 2011

NCAA football week 7 and NFL week 6

I was extremely disappointed in my performance last week (not to mention disappointed in how some teams performed!) I went 1-3-1 Against the Spread last week and am now at 16-9-3 for the year. I think there are some good games to pick this week so let's get after it!

Going from the vegasinsiders.com site MGM Grand lines I think I have some winners. Let's start with college.

The first game is my lock of the year. My goodness, Texas is not good. Oklahoma St. is a road favorite in this game, -7.5 at the moment. I believe Okie St runs away with this game. Will this be Mack Brown's last season? Who knows, bet the mortgage on Oklahoma St. covering the 7.5.

Game #2 BYU is +1.5 at Oregon St. I am not sold on Oregon St even though they got Mike Stoops fired at Arizona after last week. BYU has been sporadic this season but I think they get it together against a BCS conference opponent. Take BYU to cover the spread and win outright.

Game #3 Iowa St is a road dog at Missouri. (+14.5) Mizzou is better than they have shown, I do not know if they are going to get their act together for Saturday. Iowa St is improving and Mizzou is a better matchup for ISU as opposed to Baylor. Look for ISU to cover this spread and have an outside shot to win this game to keep bowl hopes alive for this season.

Game #4 LSU is favored by 15.5 at Tennessee. I will say it again, LSU has the best defense in the country and is hitting their stride offensively as well. I look for a big time win against the Volunteers for LSU. They cover this spread and probably win something like 45-13.

Game #5 Andrew Luck and the Stanford Cardinal are -21 at Washington St. I have heard comparisons of Andrew Luck to John Elway, those are pretty big shoes to fill. Stanford rolls in this game and cover the spread against the Cougars. Take Stanford with confidence.

Quick recap, take these teams: Oklahoma St. -7.5, BYU +1.5, Iowa St. +14.5, LSU -15.5 and Stanford -21.

A couple of NFL games for the week.

Green Bay is at home against St. Louis. Green Bay is -15. This is a big # in the NFL but I think they route the Rams. Take Green Bay -15.

New England is -7 at home vs. Dallas. Dallas is not good, take NE to cover this spread. I think the Patriots have learned they can grind a game out and run over teams. This is a lethal combination with Tom Brady. Take New England -7.

No comments:

Post a Comment