Monday, November 14, 2011

NCAA football Week 12 and NFL week 11

I was atrocious last week with a 1-4 record, 29-25-3 is my season total. There is work to do this week so I better make it good!

There are a few games I like and including one NCAA basketball game. Let's start with that. I will keep a separate tabulation of my basketball results, I generally do not pick basketball games since they are so up/down via emotion.

The NCAA basketball game will be in Des Moines, IA on 11-15-11 at the Knapp Center. Iowa State (-3.5) visits the Drake Bulldogs. Drake is bad and coach Mark Phelps will be on the hot seat before conference play even starts. Take ISU, they win this game going away.

Onto NCAA football...We are staying local again, this time in Ames, IA. Iowa State +26.5 comes off a bye week and Okie St. comes off of a woodshed beating of Texas Tech. I have ISU's record correct from my preseason prediction so far. From my prediction you will see I have ISU picked to win this game. A lot will have to go right but I think ISU covers the 26.5. Take the 'Clones at home!

Game 2 Another local team, Iowa travels to Purdue. Iowa is favored (-2.5). Starting QB James Vandenberg has not won a single road game in his career, I think that continues. Take Purdue +2.5.

Game 3 Georgia Tech (-10) visits Duke. GA Tech is a tough team to prepare for especially when you are Duke. Take Tech to cover and probably win by 20.

Quick recap, take ISU +26.5, Purdue +2.5 and Georgia Tech -10.

NFL Miami is -2 vs. Buffalo. Time to break up the Dolphins after their 2 game winning streak. The streak ends, Buffalo wins this and Fred Jackson has a HUGE game.

Minnesota is -1.5 at home against Oakland. I do not know how Minnesota can be favored. Take Oakland and watch Carson Palmer throw all over the Metrodome.

Quick recap take Buffalo +2 and Oakland +1.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment