Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NCAA Football week 10 and NFL Week 9

I must be going through a mid-year slump...I was 2-2 last week ATS bringing my overall record to 24-17-3, I must get better!

There are a lot of good games for the bettors out there. If you are going to Las Vegas, I think you can do some damage to the sports books. Remember I use the MGM Grand lines from vegasinsiders.com. The link can be found on the right hand side of my blog.

Game 1: I am staying local with this first pick. To Ames,IA we go. The lowly Kansas Jayhawks visit Iowa St (-14.5). ISU picked up a huge win last week against Texas Tech, this is normally a let down spot for a team. ISU has a bye week following this game so they will give their all. I expect Iowa St to cover and win by a score of 38-14.

Game 2: Mizzou travels to Baylor (-2). Mizzou plays in Texas for the second week in a row and are coming off a huge win at A&M. That is a lot of emotion and a lot of travel in 7 days. This is gut check time for Baylor, I believe Baylor wins, pulling away in the 4th quarter. This has nothing to do with my animosity towards Mizzou for their conference realignment garbage. They are making this much worse. I do want to hear Baylor chant "Big 12" after they take care of Mizzou. Screw the SEC!

Game 3: Cincinnati goes to Pitt (-2). Cincy is very athletic and I believe they will just overwhelm Pitt in this game. Pitt can be scary on offense so this could be a high scoring game. Take Cincy -2.

Game 4: Another local game in Iowa City. Talk about gut check time! Iowa is coming off of a horrible loss at Minnesota. Iowa is +4 right now, I do not think there is anyway they stop Michigan. Take the Wolverines to win in what could be Iowa's largest setback in a few seasons.

Game 5: Syracuse is +2 at UCONN. Wrong team is favored, Syracuse wins this game outright.

Game 6: Stanford is -21 @ Oregon St. I think Stanford will blow through the Beavers. This is a classic letdown situation for Stanford but I think OSU is that bad that it will not matter.

To the NFL.
Tebowing heads to Oakland where they are +7.5, both teams have QB issues but Oakland blows the doors off of Denver and I think signals the near end to the Tebow era.

Atlanta is -7 @ Indianapolis, take the Falcons, they make themselves right in this game.

Quick summary for College: Take Iowa State -14.5, Baylor -2, Cincinnati -2 Michigan -4, Syracuse +2 and Stanford -21.

NFL: Take Oakland -7.5 and Atlanta -7.

No comments:

Post a Comment