Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NCAA Football Week 13 and NFL Week 14

2-3 last week. I am at 31-28-3 overall. If anyone saw my preseason predictions I had ISU beating #3 OSU 34-31. I suppose I will settle for Iowa State beating #2 Oklahoma State 37-31. I will try and get better going forward. :)

Enough with giving myself the pat on the back, I need to improve my picks. There are several key and intersting matchups this week with HUGE implications for not only bowl selections but for a possible BCS Championship!

Game 1 Houston -3 @ Tulsa. Houston needs this to keep any hopes of a BCS bid alive. I think they get it done. I expect a lot points in this game.

Game 2 Cincinnati (-2.5) visits Syracuse. There are QB issues with Cincy but i think they pull this one out. There are a lot of athletes on this Cincy team and I do not think the coaching is that great at Syracuse.

Game 3 Clemson (+4.5) visits South Carolina. Clemson was humiliated last week, coming into a rivalry and probably looking ahead to this game. I expect Clemson to come out swinging and win this game outright. Take Clemson.

Game 4 Tennessee (-8) is looking to get bowl eligible against a struggling Kentucky team. Tenn finishes the season strong and makes it into a bowl game. Take Tenn and don't look back.

Game 5 Stanford (-7) hosts Notre Dame. Stanford feels like they can back door into the national championship game. I think Andrew Luck wants to get back into the Heisman race. Stanford will lay the wood to the Golden Domers. Stanford in this one.

Quick college recap, take Houston -3, Cincy -2.5, Clemson +4.5, Tenn -8 and Stanford -7.

To the NFL

Green Bay is at Detroit for the annual Thanksgiving Day game. I think the Over/Under is the play in this one. I am taking the over of 55.5. There will be a lot of points scored in this game. Take the Over!

Carolina -3 is on the road at Indianapolis. I think Indy keeps their perfect season alive. Cam Newton may throw for 3oo and run for 75 in this game. Take the Panthers.

Take the Over in the Green Bay vs. Detroit and Carolina -3 on the road.

1 comment:

  1. do you provide any insurance for your horrible picks?

    ReplyDelete