Tuesday, October 22, 2013

College Football week 9


After a 3-2 week my overall record stands at 22-18. I need a 5-0 week. How about Duke last week, down 22-0 at one point and WINNING 35-22. Amazing... Speaking of Duke, they are my game 1.

Duke +13 visits Virginia Tech. The Hokies have not been particularly impressive this year but they win and that is all that matters. Duke was a team I used to cover the spread a few times last year and I am starting to fall in love with them again. I do not think Duke wins this one but I think the game is close. Va Tech wins this one but it is a one score game, 23-17.

Game #2
Nebraska is on the road at Minnesota +10.5. I have the same feeling about this one as I did with the Cornhuskers vs. Purdue. Nebraska does not have a great defense but their offense is very good, even with a backup QB. I expect Minnesota to have some success running the ball by a straightforward attack but the Gophers do not have the firepower to hang. Nebraska wins this one 38 - 21 and easily covers the -10.5.

Game #3
UMASS -3 hosts an absolutely terrible Western Michigan team. This could be the ultimate pillow fight for the 2013 season. WMU lacks skilled athletes as well football smarts while their coach does not help that cause at all. I think UMASS gets their second conference win in this one and it is not as close as the scoreboard makes it to be. UMASS 27 WMU 13.

Week 8 recap
Duke +13, Nebraska -10.5 & UMASS -3.

No comments:

Post a Comment