Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NCAA college football week 6


Another 3-2 mark for the week, my total record for this season is now at 15-11. Not too bad so far, I need to boost that % up some. The 1-4 in week 2 is killing me right now!
Iowa State is hosting Texas on Thursday night and as Coach Rhoads from Iowa State calls it the "...college version of Monday Night Football." The game COULD be interesting with rain/storms a possibility. I do not know who that favors, possibly ISU since Texas has problems tackling. I would not touch this game, I could see either team winning by double digits. The line has moved up to Texas -9.

Game #1 takes us to Iowa City for the Iowa Hawkeyes host the Michigan St Spartans. No way am I going to pick a winner in this one, but I am fairly certain there will not be many points scored. Michigan St does not have a competent offense and Iowa will be up against the toughest D they have faced all season. The total is at 38.5 right now and that is probably too many, I like this game to go under that total.

Game #2
Tulsa -3, hosts Rice. Tulsa is coming off a beat down at the hands of Iowa State which showed a lot of cracks in the Tulsa offense. Rice has a TON of guys back from last year and I believe the wrong team is favored in this game. Rice is full of upperclassmen and will be able to handle games on the road. Rice probably wins this one by double digits.

For the early look, take the under (38.5) for Mich St @ Iowa and Rice to beat Tulsa outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment