Monday, September 3, 2012

College Football Week 2


I am pretty disappointed with my week 1 picks, I went 2-2-1. We learned a few things in week 1. The Big 12 played a weak schedule, the Big 10 is not very good, the Big East is awful and the SEC may not be as dominant as some think.

Let's get into the games for week 2 shall we? I am pulling my #'s from vegasinsider.com LVH lines.

My first pick will take us to Iowa City. The Hawkeyes opened up as a 4 point favorite over the visiting Cyclones of Iowa State. As of this writing the line is down to -3.5 for Iowa. The wrong team is favored. Iowa State wins this game outright and moves to 2-0 on the young season.

Game #2 is Kentucky hosing Kent St. Kent St is moving up in competition quite a bit even though this could be against the worst SEC team. Kentucky is -7 at home and I expect them to win by double digits.

Game #3 USC is on the road at Syracuse and is -27. I think USC rolls against Syracuse that suffered a loss at home last week against Nortwestern. Take USC.

Game #4 UCONN hosts North Carolina St and is +5.5. UCONN shutout UMASS and Tennessee beat up NCST. I expect UCONN to keep this close and perhaps win this game. I'll take the Huskies +5.5.

Game #5 Vanderbilt is -3 on the road at Northwestern. NW got a road win to start the season at lowly Syracuse. Vanderbilt's defense did a decent job on Marcus Lattimore last week, I think that trend continues. Take Vandy to cover this spread and possibly win by double digits.

A couple of other games to watch have 2 Big 10 teams going west which usually does not turn out well. Nebraska @ UCLA and Illinois @ Arizona St.

Quick recap: Take Iowa State + 3.5, Kentucky -7, USC -27, UCONN +5.5 and Vanderbilt -3.

No comments:

Post a Comment