Monday, September 10, 2012

College Football Week 3

I did alright last week, I ended up 3-2. My YTD record is 5-4-1 against the spread (ATS)

ISU beat Iowa for the second straight year. This game should have been a blowout in favor of ISU but there were too many turnovers. ISU essentially gets 2 bye weeks now. Saturday is against Western Illinois and then a true bye week to follow.

What did we learn from week 2? The Big 10 is worse than we thought, the Pac 12 is better than we thought and the SEC is not really dominate. Alabama is probably pretty good but I'd like to see them go up against West Virginia if they are clicking on all cylinders.

My lines come from vegasinsider.com LVH lines. Let's take a look at some games shall we?

My first game is Northwestern hosting Boston College. Northwestern is -4 and currently owns the Big 10's only two wins against BCS schools by beating lowly Syracuse by 1 and lowly Vanderbilt in a rain soaked game. I think NW makes it a third straight win at home this week and most importantly covers the spread. Take the 'Cats!

#2 has Va Tech on the road at Pitt. Pitt has been awful so far this year losing to 1-AA Youngstown St and getting a woodshed beating at Cincy. Va Tech is -10.5. Va Tech does not have a great offense but they will shut down the running game of Pitt and probably score at least once on d and once with the special teams. I think you are safe giving those points. Va Tech -10.5.

#3 Ball St is +3 and is visiting Indiana. Ball St should have a decent team this season and Indiana has lost their starting QB for the season. Too bad because Roberson was a pretty good athlete. With this instate matchup I am going to take the road dog. There are guys on the Ball St team that were not offered to the big in state rival and now they want to show they are the better team. I think Ball St gets the outright win. Take Ball St +3 in this game.

#4 Western Kentucky visits Kentucky. I am sure Western Kentucky is going to go all out for this game but I think Kentucky is too much for WKU to handle. Kentucky is -7 and I think they cover.

#5 UCONN is -2.5 on the road at Maryland. UCONN has a defense as they have given up a total of 10 points this season but are only 1-1 to show for it. I think the offense makes enough plays this weekend and the D shuts down Maryland. Take UCONN to cover the -2.5

Quick recap, take the following: Northwestern -4, Va Tech -10.5, Ball St +3, Kentucky -7 and UCONN -2.5.



No comments:

Post a Comment