Tuesday, September 25, 2012

College Football Week 5

Well good evening everyone. I apologize for my atrocious picks last week. Maybe Michigan should not be -4 in the TO margin. Oh well, all I can do is go on. I was 1-4 last week dropping my record to 9-10-1 so far.

I am going to change up how I do this, I will try and get 5 picks per week but spread them out over a couple of days. Let me know what you think.

Depending on how the speads move, I may pick more than 5 games this week. There are several I kind of like so let's get going! My lines come from vegasinsiders.com LVH lines.

Minnesota is +6.5 going to Iowa city trying to win their third straight against the Hawkeyes. Iowa stinks this season and is pretty slow across the board. We do not know a lot about Minnesota except they have won a couple of games with a backup QB. I do know they have this game circled and I think they come out of Iowa City with a win. Take Minnesota +6.5.

Texas Tech is -3 going to Ames to visit the Iowa State Cyclones. Coach Rhoads is 2-0 against his former boss including a 41-7 woodshed beating last year in Lubbock that sent the Red Raiders on a downward spiral. Tech has some gawdy offensive AND defensive #'s so far BUT their schedule ranks 164 out of 124 FBS teams. Tech is #1 in team defense while Iowa State is #14. Tech is #1 in pass efficiency defense while ISU is #2. Yes, these are Big 12 teams. Tech is #2 in total offense while ISu is #47. Between Tech's offense and Iowa State's defense, something has to give (I love cliches!) Take Iowa State at home to win this outright. ISU is more tested so far in this season and I think it will show. Take ISU +3

Quick recap, I have two dogs so far: Minnesota +6.5 and Iowa State +3.

No comments:

Post a Comment