Monday, September 9, 2013

College Football Week 3

Forget about it, that's all I can do. Forget about week 2. A stinking 1-4. A back door cover by UTSA, Texas laying a giant turd and Florida, WTF! 4 To's in the redzone? Really? Oh well, my overall record is now at 5-6, DOH!

How great are things in Austin for the Longhorns right now? They were shredded finer than most cheeses I have seen. BYU racked up over 500 yards rushing and Diaz has been fired as D coordinator to be replaced by Greg Robinson. Hey Mack, ask Michigan or Syracuse what they think of this guy. Somehow, your defense just go worse!

Time to gear up for week 3 which is what I consider to be traditionally the best week of the college football season. Although the matchups are not quite as strong as years past, I still like some of these matchups.

Game #1
Pillow fight in Ames, IA on Saturday. Iowa broke their 7 game losing streak in not so impressive fashion against a bad FCS school. Iowa State is still smarting from their loss at home against FCS opponent Northern Iowa. Iowa State is 2-7 in their last night and have not looked particularly impressive in most of those games. To be real honest, a move needs to be made with the ISU offensive coordinator. All that being said, ISU is +2.5 at home and have won the last two against Iowa. I am sticking with my preseason pick and taking Iowa State to win outright 27-23. Iowa gets 4 field goals...

Game #2
Nebraska (-4) hosts UCLA. This was a pretty exciting game last year and UCLA is coming off the death of one of their players. I think they respond well and beat Nebraska outright. Final score in this one is UCLA 37 Bugeaters 31. Rat boy Pelini is on the hot seat!

Quick review for my first couple of games, take ISU +2.5 and UCLA +4, a couple of dogs for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment