Wednesday, September 18, 2013

College football week 4 against the spread


I had a darn good week last week as far as my picks go. I went 4-1 bringing my season total to 9-7, I need to get better! The one game I missed hurt though...Iowa State lost at home in underwhelming fashion again. This is going to be a long year for Iowa State, they are going to have to scratch and claw to get to 4, maybe 5 wins. Right now the offense is not helping at Iowa State. Courtney Messingham, Iowa State's offensive coordinator, had two weeks to prepare for Iowa. What did he do on the opening two plays? Runs up the middle with backs in the middle of his offensive line! Terrible play calling from the get go. Time to start picking games, I cannot believe he is still employed in Ames as part of the football program.

I'll give you three games tonight and a couple more over the next couple of nights.

Game #1
Clemson (-14) is at NC State tomorrow night. Clemson is loaded and has had 12 days to prep for this one. With Boyd and Sammy Watkins on the offense and plenty of speed on the defense, I do not see the Wolf Pack able to keep up in this one. Clemson wins this one and covers easy 37-13.

Game #2
Texas is favored over K-State +4 in Austin. Texas is in a tailspin and K-State has OWNED Texas over the last decade. Say that with me, K-State has OWNED Texas in the last decade. Even Ron 'Grimace' Prince was 2-0 against Texas. K-State is getting things figured out and they can run, Texas has injuries and cannot stop the run. The line is BEGGING you to take the Longhorns in this one. I think spiral continues and this is the swan song for Mack Brown. Let's hope their struggles continue and they are not able to right the ship before coming to Ames and the Iowa State Cyclones 12 days later. K-State wins this one and racks up close to 300 yards on the ground compliments of Daniel Sams and the RB crew. Final score is K-State 34 - Texas 24.

Game #3
I have a hunch on Boise St. +3 at Fresno St. I looked at the spread last night and though this was wrong. I follow @cfbmatrix on twitter he confirmed what I thought about this game, not only does Boise cover but they win outright. I liked how Boise looked against Air Force last week. There is a potential for a decent offense again in Boise and there is some D to go with it. I think Boise wins this 37 - 30 at Fresno St. Let's see if the matrix formula 1.0 and I are crazy or right on!

A quick recap
Take Clemson -14, K-State +4.5 and Boise +3.

No comments:

Post a Comment