Tuesday, September 24, 2013

College football week 5


I went 3-2 last week with my picks bringing my season total to 12-9. Last week was not full of great match ups but let's be honest, any week of college football is a great week. We've got some games on Thursday again, one of those being Iowa State at Tulsa. This is a HUGE game for Iowa State in every sense of the word. A loss and Iowa State will lose all momentum the program has built up over the Paul Rhoads era. A win allows ISU the chance to salvage the season. 4-8 is much better than 1-11. My first game will be the Cyclones at Tulsa

Game #1
ISU (+3) faces Tulsa for the third time in the last 391 days. This is the rubber match, ISU won the season opener last year while Tulsa owned ISU in the Liberty Bowl. Both teams lost a lot from last season, I think Coach Rhoads pulls ISU together and wins this game 27 - 17. Yes, I am calling for a double digit victory on the road for Iowa State.

Game #2
This is a big one, one last chance for the Big 12 to kind of redeem themselves. Oklahoma (-3.5) heads to South Bend to face the Golden Domers of Notre Dame. Notre Dame embarrassed OU last season in Norman and I think OU will regain a piece of their manhood in this game. OU's D is legit this season, much better than last year and I think OU will have a very good running game. If Blake Bell can be even an average passer, OU COULD emerge as a dark horse national championship contender. I think OU goes on the road and wins this one. There will be some good defense played in this one with the final score OU 24 Notre Dame 13.

A quick recap has me taking Iowa State +3 and Oklahoma -3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment