Tuesday, October 30, 2012

College football week 10 ATS

Man oh man, another rotten week for my picks. I was 2-3 dropping my record to 22-22-1. I guess there is some work to do.

Something good from this past Saturday, Iowa State got their 5th win of the season at home in Ames, IA against Baylor. Baylor had been averaging almost 50 points, Iowa State only gave up 21 points. Sadly, stud linebacker Jake Knott had his ISU career come to an end due to a shoulder injury. Hopefully he heals up soon both for the NFL and for a normal life in the future! Thanks for the memories Jake Knott!

Let's get on to the picks shall we...I remind you my picks from vegasinsider.com LVH lines.

Game 1: The slumping Iowa Hawkeyes visit the Indiana Hoosiers who are coming off of their first conference win since 2010! Iowa opened as a 3 point favorite but now Indiana is -1.5. The Hoosiers can score a lot of points and Iowa cannot stop anyone of late or score. I think Iowa put up a good fight but in the ends loses this game on the road by about 10. Take Indiana -1.5.

Game 2: LSU +9 hosts Alabama. These two teams met twice last year, the second meeting should not have happened. LSU won the game at Alabama last year. I am sure Nick Saban will be looking for a little revenge on the mad hatter for the home loss in 2011. I think the defense of LSU keeps this game close although I think the LSU offensive struggles continue. Alabama wins this game but I think it is a one score separation with the final being something like 20-13 or 17-10 Alabama. Take LSU to cover the +9 at home.

Game 3: Penn St -3.5 visits Purdue. Purdue is really slumping as of late and the Penn St offense seems to be rolling. I like what coach O'Brien has done his first year at PSU. There is a long road ahead for them with the sanctions but they are going to end up with a pretty good record this year. I think PSU handles Purdue easy in this game with a score of about 30-13.

Quick recap, take Indiana -1.5, LSU +9 and Penn St -3.5. I will be back later this week with a couple more picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment