Tuesday, October 2, 2012

College Football Week 6 picks ATS


As I said in my week 5 recap I was 3-2, this brings my season record to 12-12-1. Nothing to shout about...

I will have some live action in Vegas this week so I will have my money where my mouth is! I will probably do a couple of parlays along with single game bets. I will probably incorporate some NFL into my Vegas picks, but not on this site since I am going to concentrate on the college side of things. I will give a couple of picks tonight, a couple tomorrow and one on Thursday.

Game 1: I hesitate to put this one on here. I am going to take Iowa State to cover +11.5. The line opened as ISU +14 so the line has moved quite a bit. Both teams have outstanding defenses and both teams have offenses that have struggled to hold onto the football. This will be TCU's first home Big 12 game so I think the crowd will be juiced up. There are 15 freshman that play on this TCU squad, they may not be able to channel their emotions properly costing them field position and points. I think the score will be low in this game which is why I like ISU to cover the +11.5.

Game 2: Another Big 12 game, the Sunflower showdown. K-State -24 hosts Kansas. If Bill Snyder is like his mentor, Hayden Fry, he will not want the other in state school to pose a threat. Snyder will run up the score if he gets a chance in this game and put a lot of emphasis on this game the same way Hayden Fry did with Iowa State. K-State is pretty methodical and disciplined. They will not beat themselves and will force Kansas into some bad situations. I look for Collin Klein to have a huge game, maybe 400 total yards rushing and passing.

Quick recap, take Iowa State + 11.5 and K-State -24.

No comments:

Post a Comment